In Response to OMG What a Mess:
Today, I accidently made one of the biggest messes I have ever made. I was making my Turtle Graham Bars. The toffee part was out of the oven cooling and I was melting the 12 oz of chocolate to spread over it. I had a glass bowl over a pan of simmering water. I tested the bowl and it was not hot, so I picked it up and wiithout warning it slipped out of my hand and fell onto the floor. The bowl broke in a million pieces. Most of it fell onto the rug I have in front of the range top, but the glass went everywhere!!! I also saw that a lot of the chocolate was on my brand new hardwood floor. I didn't know which to be upset about the most...the chocolate on the floor, the mess on the rug, the shards of glass all over the kitchen, or the beautiful chocolate I had just melted. Being a Chocoholic, that chocolate being wasted was a real disaster. Well, I did get most of it cleaned up, the rug is still soaking in the washer, but it took a lot of Bona floor cleaner to get the chocolate up. I still think that there is some I missed. The floor is a dark brown, and is distressed, so it doesn't show up very much. I may be finding shards of glass for the next 10 years, but I think I got most of it. It all goes to prove that I should have used my old Revere ware double boiler.!!! I also hope the J.C. Penneys still carry that type of rug. I'm not sure all that chocolate will come out.
Posted by Barbara B
You really do deserve a break today. If I had your address I would send a check to replace the rug and take that much off your mind. I would bet that glass will show up under the stove for some time to come.. Have a better day with good thoughts of chocolate melting in your mouth not in your hands or elsewhere.