In Response to USERS, ADD YOUR TIPS TO FIX/MAKE THIS SITE BETTER HERE!!:
Administrators, you want to make this site better?? Here are a few things that will help tremendously. 1. There are already over 5000 threads/discussions and probably about 5 x's that many posts. No one has that much time on their hands to go thru them. Clean it up! Get rid of most of them. Most of them are only opened or posted strictly for the brownie points. And, as long as you give brownie points for posting on the forums or opening a new thread/discussion, the boards will be packed with posts that are strictly for points. Take those two methods of earning points off and add two different ones. 2. Baking videos from Nestle's do NOT belong on UTube! They belong on the site. I do my best to stay away from that place because it is a hotbed for computer viruses! And, I noticed at some point, on some page I hit accidentally, that Nestle's releases themselves from all liability tied to the sites. So, who will pay for me a new computer? 3. Shared Stories: Why do we need 6 seperate topics when 5 of them are the very same thing with a different title? You ask for "triumphs & disasters", that is a story. "What you have passed down", that is a story. "Share a heartwarming tale", another story. "Tell you favorite kitchen story", self explanatory! Funniest Baking Story "Give us a chuckle", another story!! Why not "Share your stories & memories" and then the "Holiday Stories"? We are having enough problems navigating, don't make a blasted freeway of it. 4. Topics need updated info beside/under each one showing that new threads/discussions & posts have been added since a members last visit. It takes an average of over two hours now to try to go thru and find new posts. And frequently it will show a post was made a few minutes before then you look again and it is not showing anything for that post. Go to the post and it isn't there either. 5. Once you open a topic, the threads/discussions need something to the left of them that allows us to know there are new posts in that thread/discussion since our last visit. I know there is a funky brown star over to the right sometimes but, that thing doesn't work right. And, put the newest posts to each thread/discussion at the top!! Some are, some are not. Very inconsistent. Also, is there a 4-line limit to posts? I have noticed some that are being cut off at 4 lines. Is that because of the amt. of space being used? If so, see item 1 for a solution. 6. Private Messaging: Where is it? Don't put it just anywhere on the site. It needs to be witht he forums and don't forget to fix it so we know we have a private message! 7. Swapped recipes. No more robotic answers about them. Facts please. I have lost over 100 from my recipe box. I have severe reservations regarding ever getting them back as do most of the other members. 8. Don't ask us to list our user names next to our real names!! Too many of us had our locations listed on the old boards since we went by user names. Ever heard of ID theft? I am very familiar with it. 9. Fix the user accounts updates. I can't update at all. Just a few suggestions to fix this. But truthfully, I think there are too many wrongs and not enough rights to ever have it work correctly. Patching it over and over only makes it harder on the users. Why not shut the site down until the issues are corrected? Then send out emails letting the users know it is back up and functioning as it should? We are really getting frustrated with the site and the run a round.
Posted by Cam K
Thank you for taking the time to outline your feedback and giving us the opportunity to respond.
1. We agree that a lot of the posts can be consolidated, but we do not want to move/remove any posts from our users. What we can do is remove the incentive to start new posts by changing the Brownie Points structure.
2. We will investigate your concerns on YouTube.
3. We understand the transition for the stories is difficult, but once users become familiar with the new structure, we think you'll see a lot more stories to read and comment on.
4. The post updater is a feature that is affected by the larger technical glitch that is causing several parts of our site not to work correctly. You should be seeing this information soon.
5. The new post feature will also work correctly once the larger technical issue is fixed.
6. Private messaging is coming back soon and we'll make sure you can find it easily.
7. Swapped Recipes will be back soon; there were many to move to the new site and it takes some time. We will make a sitewide announcement once they return.
8. Any user that had their location listed can delete the user name post if they would like. We are also working to give you the ability to use your old user name instead of your first name.
9. We are working hard to address the account issue and it will be fixed this week.
We realize you've been through a lot with the new site and we are working to earn your loyalty back. The site just isn't working as it should and we are working to restore its foundation.