Here are the cat treats from Gale's Website for people who might not be able to view the link:
Kitty's Favorite Turkey Balls
Similar to meatballs, your cat will find this recipe difficult to resist. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (F).
- 1/2 Pound ground turkey
- 1/2 Cup grated carrots
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 Cup finely crushed crackers
- 1/4 Cup powdered milk
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tablespoon Brewer's yeast
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- Using your hands as you would when making meatloaf, mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Shape the mix into individual golf ball-sized nuggets, and arrange them in a non-stick baking pan.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes until the balls are nicely browned and reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
- Cool before serving. Freeze the leftover balls and reheat in microwave as needed.
Cat Nip Biscuits
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 1 1/2 Cups wheat flour (Substitute white flour if your cat can't have wheat.)
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons catnip
- 1/3 Cup powdered milk
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Egg
- Stir dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Mix in wet ingredients to form a soft dough. You can add a little more flour if the dough is too sticky.
- Turn out dough onto a non-stick baking sheet and roll out.
- Carefully cut the dough into bite-sized squares.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove treats from the tray, making sure to break them apart; let them cool on a backing rack.
- Store in an air-tight container or freeze and thaw as needed.
Your cats are sure to love the flavor of this quick and easy treat. The recipe is small so you can make it fresh anytime you want to give your pets something special.
- Lightly toast one piece of bread in the toaster.
- Cut the toast into one-inch cubes.
- Brush the tops of the cubes with a little fresh fish oil.
- Lightly sprinkle the cubes with dried fish flakes.
- Bake in an oven or toaster oven at 350 degrees F until the cubes are a rich golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly and serve warm.