I wrote down the recipe back in the 1970's. Here it is:
Toll House Brownies
1½ cups Flour
2 tsp Baking Soda
2 tsp Salt
⅔ cup Butter (10⅔ Tbsp)
12 oz. (2 cups) Nestle Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1½ cups Sugar
¼ cup Water
2 tsp Vanilla
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 325°. Grease a 13" x 9" x 2" pan.
2) In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
3) In a saucepan, melt butter, chocolate, sugar; stir in water and vanilla. Transfer to a large bowl
and add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition (use electric mixer).
4) Gradually blend in flour mixture.
5) Pour into greased pan and bake at 325° for 50 minutes.
In Response to Looking for Brownie Recipe from mid/late 1970:
I am looking for a brownie recipe make with NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Chocolate Chips, the recipe was on the back of the bag. It was from several years ago. They were a cake like brownie. You melted the chocolate chips in butter than beat the eggs into the mixture also added sugar the mixture. You used 3-4 eggs. I can't rememeber how much flour. You baked it in a rectangle baking pan. Any help would be appreciated. BOB
Posted by Robert L