I found this recipe in My Baking Addiction site (really good site!!) Fantastic cookies.
Chewy Chocolate Almond Cookies
Yield: about 30 cookies (I get about 36 cookies) 350* 11-12 minutes - Parchment paper
1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter; room temperature
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs at room temperature
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup blanched slivered almonds; coarsely chopped (I use chopped pecans)
1. cream the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy.
2. Add the vanilla, then the eggs, one at a time, and mix well.
Scrape down the sides of the bowl after the addition of each egg.
3. Sift together the cocoa, flour, baking soda, and salt. Turn
your mixer to low and gradually add the sifted ingredients;
mix until just combined.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips and almonds.
Refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
5. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
6. Measure the dough using a 1 1/2 tablespoon scoop
or a rounded tablespoon. Roll the dough in your hands
until it forms a uniform ball. Place on your lined baking sheet.
7. Bake cookies for 11-12 minutes
(the cookies will seem underdone). Remove from the oven
and let cool slightly (about 3 minutes) on the sheet,
then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.