Ladies someone asked me on an earlier post did I have any recipe for Shortbread, this is really simple and tastes delicious fresh out of the oven with a cup of tea or coffee. : )
125g Plain Cream Flour
50g Corn Flour
125g Butter (softened)
50g Caster Sugar
1. Beat your butter and sugar together until creamed.
2. Add cornflour and plain flour and mix gently until a dough has formed.
3. Use your fingertips to form the dough into a ball, and lightly kneed if you have to.
4. Press the dough into a greased 8inch round tin or a sandwich tin.
5. Dot around the top of dough with a fork.
6. Bake in a pre heated oven at 325degrees for about 20 minutes or until it is a pale colour.
7. Allow to set in tin for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire wrack to cool.
****For biscuits , then roll out the dough , and use cookie cutters etc to cut into shapes then transfer to a greased tray for same amount of time. ****
Store in an airtight container.