I was on California Walnuts web site and discovered their recipes for different candied walnuts. Sounds good and I have three bags of walnuts to use. I'll try them all this week and see how good.
Maple Candied Walnuts
4 cups California walnut halves
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Combine walnuts and maple syrup in a large bowl; mix until evenly coated. Stir in sesame seeds.
- Spread on non-stick, or parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake at 325°F for 25 minutes, stirring twice, until walnuts are lightly browned.
- Cool on baking sheet; walnuts will become dry and crunchy as they cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
Honey Candied Walnuts
1/4 cup honey
3 tablespoons water
1 1/2 cups walnuts, chopped, or in halves and pieces
- Preheat the oven to 275°F. Coat a shallow baking pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl combine the honey and water and stir until smooth. Add the walnuts and toss to coat them with the honey mixture. Spread evenly in the prepared pan and bake about 30 – 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes or so, until the water has evaporated and the nuts are golden brown. Cool, then store in an airtight container.
Orange Candied Walnuts
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup orange juice
1/2 tsp. orange extract
3 cups California walnut halves and piece
- In a medium saucepan, bring the sugar and orange juice to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in orange extract and walnuts; stir until coating sets.
- Spread on a baking sheet to cool.