Vanilla, strawberry and chocolate ice cream
Hot fudge sauce, caramel sauce, or Chocolate Flavor NESTLÉ NESQUIK Syrup
Strawberry sauce, or Strawberry Flavor NESTLÉ NESQUIK Syrup
1. Peel a banana and cut it in half lengthwise.
2. Put the two halves in a long, skinny ice cream bowl.
3. Place three scoops of ice cream on top of the banana: one chocolate, one vanilla and one strawberry.
4. Pour hot fudge over the chocolate ice cream.
5. Pour pineapple syrup over the vanilla ice cream.
6. Pour strawberry syrup over the strawberry ice cream.
7. Top with whipped cream, a few cherries and nuts.
Variation: Grilled Banana Split
Ice cream flavors that go well with grilled bananas include chocolate, coffee, pecan and praline.
Steps for Grilling a Banana:
1. Heat the grill.
2. Trim unpeeled banana ends with a knife, cut off the banana stem and base.
3. With the banana still in its skin, cut it in half vertically so it's in two long lengths.
4. Brush the cut face of each banana half with melted butter, place the banana halves cut side down on the hottest part of the grill.
5. Stand ready with tongs and a spatula as the bananas will cook quickly.
6. To burn in grill marks, give the bananas a quarter turn so a new set of grill marks runs across the first set.
7. The bananas should turn golden very quickly. Remove the bananas before they become too dark.
8. Let them cool slightly, and use your fingers to remove the banana skins.
9. Assemble each banana split as described in Steps 2-8 of the Banana Split.