Miniature pumpkins & gourds
Construction paper in yellow, orange, & red
Together with your kids make a list of your Thanksgiving dinner guests. Have your kids think of reasons why they are thankful for each guest and write them down.
Aunt Jane: "Thank you for reading me books."
Grandpa: "Thank you for telling me stories of when you were little."
Grandma: "Thank you for giving me big hugs."
Uncle Joe: "Thank you for giving me helicopter rides."
1. Fold construction paper in quarters (for 4 leaves)
2. Draw a leaf design on one of the sides or use one of our Thanksgiving Stencils. (link to free downloads – Thanksgiving stencils)
3. With paper still folded in quarters, cut along design outline.
4. Paper punch design to thread raffia strands.
5. Write down guests' names on one side of the design with the black marker and the thank-yous on the other side.
6. Pull several strands of 8" raffia (approximately) through the punched hole.
7. Tie raffia with card to pumpkin stem or gourd neck.
8. Set on Thanksgiving table next to drinking glasses or on plates.