Honor the food, music and history of Ireland with a St Patrick’s Day party. Irish and non-Irish alike can have fun celebrating this "lucky" day in honor of the Catholic saint that drove out the snakes and brought Christianity to Ireland.
Here are some creative tips to help you throw the best St Patrick’s Day party ever:
1. Send out lucky invitations.
• Slip an instant lottery ticket into each invite.
• Ask your guests to wear their green.
2. Create a magical, green Irish country setting.
• Make Shamrock Shimmers out of green construction paper and hang them on the walls.
• Swag a rainbow of crêpe paper streamers across the party room.
• Put a pot of gold candy coins at the end of the rainbow.
• Decorate with anything green: flowers, candles, bowls of green jelly beans and Shamrock plants.
• Tint everything else green: milk, cookie, ice cream, muffins, bread, mashed potatoes, etc.
• Dress little ones up as leprechauns.
3. Set out an Irish feast.
• Set a large, smooth rock at the beginning of your buffet. Dub it the Blarney Stone.
• Serve party food like a green spinach dip in crock pots and copper pots.
• Consider serving traditional Irish dishes like corned beef and cabbage, new potatoes, Irish stew or soda bread.
• Offer your guests a do-it-yourself stuffed potato. Line up bowls of baked potatoes and toppings.
• Wash everything down with green beer.
4. It’s time for Erin Go Bragh!
• Greet guests with green party derbies, green leis and "Kiss Me, I'm Irish" buttons.
• Play traditional and contemporary Irish music on your stereo to create an Irish Pub ambiance!
• Invite an Irish dance instructor to teach your guests how to step-dance.